Skip to content

Free Tax Help For Seniors

We provide Free Tax Help to Seniors who are residents of Stafford, Spotsylvania, and the City of Fredericksburg, Virginia. Our organization has teamed up with the Shalom Consulting Group, and SCG Financial as a coalition to serve the seniors’ community. Our services is limited to senior citizens ages 65 and older with income less than $57,000 per year. 

For More Info Call: 1-800-674-2967

What to Bring To Your Appointment:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents 
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Forms We Will Prepare:

  • Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)
  • Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
  • Dividends Received (Form 1099-DIV)
  • State Tax Refunds (Form 1099-G)
  • Unemployment Benefits (Form 1099-G)
  • IRA Distributions (Form 1099-R)
  • Pension Income (Forms 1099-R, RRB-1099-R, CSA-1099) 
  • Social Security Benefits (Form SSA-1099, RRB-1099)
  • Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G)
  • Education Credits (Form 1098-T)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Earned Income Credit
  • Health Insurance Statements (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
  • Economic Impact Payment (Recovery Rebate Credit)

Forms We Will  Not Prepare

  • Schedule C 
  • Schedule D (capital gains and losses) 
  • Form SS-5 (request for Social Security Number) 
  • Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA) 
  • Form 8814 (child taxed at parent’s tax rate) 
  • Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding) 
  • Parts 4 & 5 of Form 8962 (Allocation of Policy Amounts, Alternative Calculation for Year of Marriage) 
  • Form W-7 (application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) )
  • Returns with casualty/disaster losses
  • Capital Gain/Loss (Form 1099-B) 
  • Sale of Home (Form 1099-S) 
  • Prior Year and Amended Returns
  • Self-Employed Income (Form 1099-MISC, Form 1099-NEC)
  • Cancellation of Debt (Form 1099-C) 
  • Health Savings Accounts (Form 1099-SA) 
  • Itemized Deductions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.